The Tax Associate is responsible for organizing, coordinating and preparing clients’ tax data for accurate and timely completion of business and individual tax returns. This position involves assisting with duties including monitoring aspects of tax department software and other duties that support the tax department. The Tax Associate is responsible for answering non-routine correspondence and working with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Coordinate and prepare state and federal tax returns, quarterly estimated payments, annual report filings and personal property tax returns for individuals and business entities.
- Perform tax research projects.
- Contact clients with questions where appropriate.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as independently and within a team on both non-recurring and ongoing projects.
- Act as project manager for special projects at the request of the management team.
- Organize and prioritize responsibilities, information and calls.
- Write, revise, edit and proofread correspondence, memoranda, charts, tables and other company documents as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 1 year public accounting experience.
- Actively studying and preparing for CPA certification or CPA candidate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong research and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to consistently exercise good judgment in dealing with a variety of situations and issues.
- Familiarity with tax preparation and workflow software including GoSystemsRS, Axcess Tax or Prosystems, and GoFileRoom.
- Familiarity with tax research software including BNA and RIA Checkpoint.
- Ability to work extra hours during opportunity season, required.