Senior Tax Associate
The Senior Tax Associate is responsible for organizing and coordinating preparation of clients’ tax data for accurate and timely completion of business and individual tax returns. This position involves monitoring workflow of Tax Associates and other duties that support the tax department. The Senior Tax Associate is responsible for providing advisory services, and building and managing client relationships.
- Coordinate, prepare, and review complex state and federal tax returns, quarterly estimated payments, annual report filings and personal property tax bills returns for individuals and business entities.
- Perform intermediate to advanced level tax research projects and compose comprehensive memoranda.
- Apply functional knowledge to understand potential tax issues and participate in tax planning.
- Deliver high quality tax service and advice when contacting and advising clients.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as independently and within a team on both non-recurring and ongoing projects.
- Act as project manager for special projects at the request of the management team.
- Mentor and train Tax Associates.
- Prepare tax provisions in accordance with FASB ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes.
- Participate in business activities on behalf of the firm.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years public accounting experience.
- CPA certification highly preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong research and oral and written communication skills, and ability to articulate complex information.
- Ability to handle multiple engagements and client service teams, and train team members.
- Ability to consistently exercise good judgment in dealing with a variety of situations and issues.
- Proficient with tax preparation and workflow software including GoSystemsRS, Axcess Tax or Prosystems, and GoFileRoom.
- Proficient with tax research software including BNA and RIA Checkpoint.