Tax Manager - International Tax
The International Tax Manager is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and reviewing data for accurate and timely completion of international tax projects. This position involves managing the workflow of Tax Associates and serving as a key member of the Tax department. The International Tax Manager is responsible for providing advisory services to our clients and building and managing successful firm and client relationships.
- Coordinate and manage a wide range of international tax planning, consulting, and compliance services provided to clients.
- Perform advanced level tax research projects and compose comprehensive memoranda.
- Apply functional knowledge to understand potential tax issues and participate in tax planning.
- Deliver high quality tax service and advice when contacting and advising clients.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as independently and within a team on both non-recurring and ongoing projects.
- Act as project manager for special projects at the request of the management team.
- Manage, mentor, and train Tax Associates and Senior Associates.
- Identify opportunities for securing additional tax savings in connection with non-US operations and investments of clients.
- Assist the Managing Principal - International Tax's review of federal and foreign legislation that may impact clients’ international operations and the development and implementation of appropriate responses and strategies.
- Act as general tax planning adviser to clients.
- Manage IRS audit processes.
- Analyze and review tax-advantaged investment proposals as requested by clients and assist as needed in the negotiation and implementation thereof.
- Develop and edit correspondence, memoranda, and other client deliverables as needed.
- Participate in networking and business development activities on behalf of the firm.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
General Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; Master’s degree in Taxation preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of tax and successful client consulting experience.
- CPA certification required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of client management and exercise strong relationship building and networking skills.
- Strong research and oral and written communication skills, and ability to articulate complex information.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and client service teams.
- Ability to consistently exercise good judgment in dealing with a variety of situations and issues.
- Proficient with tax preparation and workflow software including GoSystemsRS, Axcess Tax or Prosystem fx Tax, and GoFileRoom.
- Proficient with tax research software including BNA and RIA Checkpoint.
Tax Qualifications Include:
- Demonstrate experience with:
- Tax-efficient structuring of international transactions;
- Effective use of tax treaties and applying for treaty clearance;
- Planning related to offshore investments activities and repatriation programs to minimize US and foreign income taxes;
- Preparation/Review of US Compliance related to international activity such as Forms 926, 1118, 1120F, 5471, 5472, 8621, 8858, 8865;
- Formulating effective and tax-efficient cross-border strategies;
- Responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities;
- International components of the tax provision under ASC740 and FIN 48;
- Calculation of tax basis of foreign subsidiaries;
- Transfer pricing issues and studies;
- Forecasting and modeling calculations.